Friday, November 21, 2008

The Point of Blogging

I feel like I've always written for myself. There is something extremely unsettling in knowing someone constructed a composition for others to read, that reeks of dishonesty to me, but it shouldn't. The very idea of writing, is incomplete without the end result of reading. Is something written, if there is no one to read it?

I think that's why I don't like blogging. I've realized I hate blogs. I hate them with a passion. I don't want people knowing my deep personal thoughts, but keeping a record of them is simply intriguing. I've written so many blogs over the past years and when I look back on them, I'm so shocked at my naivety, ineptitude, and shallowness. Considering that, I rarely engage in reading past blog entries.

Maybe I should rephrase that last paragraph, I hate blogs that focus on examining intra personal conflicts and dilemmas. Writing about something exogenous to your person is perfectly fine, however, I'm too self-absorbed to do that.

I think I won't dislike reading this entry a few years down the line, however it is rife with that self-awareness that always leads to my realizations of my own naivety, ineptitude, and shallowness.

If I make any resolutions soon, it'll be no more writing of personal posts.

curious, no?

No comments:

Blog Archive