Tuesday, December 2, 2008

THANKS

lettuce give tanks.

hmm. I miss my sister's dogs, animals are so awesome. I can't believe I've never owned one.

I wish I had a cat. I wish I had so many things!

I need to look up this quote,

'As flies to wanton boys, we are to the gods, they kill us for sport', I want to say it's shakespeare, but what? I know I'm going to kick myself in the face for not knowing this. I've definitely read this before.

Some canadian scientist once told me that shakespeare coined a 1/3 of the english language, that claim was so outlandish, I figured it had to be true. Hmm...

I wish I knew about shakespeare.

Anyway, I finished reading Brave New World over break. It took me forever, I liked the book's envisionment of the future. I think my favorite little detail was how they put stuff like bovine uterine fluid into the fetus bottles, it reminds me of how we put fetal bovine serum in cell media, a nice touch that made me smile. I did have a lot of the trouble with the rest of book, that's why it took me so long to finish it. Before BNW, I don't think I considered much vulgar, but something about this book turned me off so much. I also thought it kind of dragged on for awhile and just wanted to end, and there were some future conventions that I grew wreary of quickly, ugh, electromagnetic golf, I thought that was pretty retarded, but not bad for 1931.

The speech at the end that Mustapha Mond gave was redeeming though, I REALLY liked it.

truth and beauty or comfort and happiness, pick one.


Now, I'm reading catch 22, I've got a few reasons for liking this book even though i'm only a few pages into it. the main character is named after one of my favorite animals and people faking sick.

2 comments:

Mongoose 6 said...

Moxie loves you too.

Carpy Ann said...

hey put up the gadget that lets you follow people so i can follow you, plus u have a link on my blog

Blog Archive