Monday, January 26, 2009

quickpost

I was looking at pictures from way back when, like two years ago. It amazes me how much things change but also how they stay the same.

I actually hate that phrase, because I didn't think it made any sense. Well I guess it does, no matter how much you want people to change, they'll stay the same, environments and circumstances change, but in the end people stay the same. People and their personalities are constants. After a critical period our brains become hardwired, connections and pathways are locked in place, and learning becomes much more difficult.

Sometimes I'm think I'm pretty stubborn, if I make a judgment about someone, rarely does it change. In the past, I've tried, but it's never worked out.

Self serving people will always serve themselves.
Co-dependent people will always depend on the company of others.
Lazy people are lazy and will always be.

The funny thing is people reap what they sow. So when it comes time to buckle down to work, when you need someone to help you out of a jam, or when you're left without company, these people will have only themselves to blame for their downfall.

I really like the idea of justice, I think it's a total social construct, but it's hilarious when things fall into place. Speaking of which, I should make my bed, so I have something to lie in.

No comments:

Blog Archive